In this article, we will discuss Why It Is So Important to Use Coconut Oil in Day Today Activities? In our previous articles, we talked about how the best organic coconut oil can affect your beauty, skin, and hair. By the end of today’s article, you will get a clear idea about why it is so important to use coconut oil in day today activities?.
Why we want organic coconut oil for the day to day life
- To keep the hair shiny and bright
- To keep the skin clean
- To increase the amount of fat that is present in the body
- To protect from germs
- As a facial cream
It is important to use organic coconut oil for daily cooking purposes because of the above-mentioned benefits you can gain using organic coconut oil.
Types of Coconut Oil & Why It Is So Important to Use Coconut Oil in Day Today Activities
There is no doubt that organic coconut oil has become one of the healthiest food on earth. You already know that organic coconut is among the 5 best foods. But, out of all types of coconut oil, some are not suitable for your health.
Coconut oil can be mainly categorized into two groups.
Let’s have look at the differences and the advantages of them.
Types of Coconut Oil Better for Your Daily Usage.
It is not important to know the number of coconut oil types. But it is very important to know the best type of coconut oil which is healthy to use.
As unrefined coconut oil is not processed with chemicals it is always healthy and is the best out of all.
Unrefined coconut oil is consisting of the number of phytonutrients and it comes with the fullest of coconut flavor.
When you are cooking with high temperature it is better to use refined coconut oil. The reason for this is the smoking point of refined coconut oil is 450 degrees F and the smoking point of unrefined variant is 350 degrees F.
Refined coconut oil is not hydrogenated and little amount of chemicals are used hen processing it.
By following the below mentioned key points you can choose the type of coconut oil you must use and the type of coconut oil you should not use.
1.Unrefined Organic Coconut Oil
- The type of coconut oil which is extracted without following the refinement process is known as the Unrefined coconut oil. Fresh or dried coconut meat is used to extract this coconut oil.
- There are two types of processes used to extract oil.
- The quick-dry method: – By using this method you can extract coconut oil easily and quickly. For that, you have to press out dried coconut meat mechanically.
- The wet-mill process: – In this method first you have to get coconut milk out of coconut meat and then you have to extract coconut oil by fermenting and straining coconut milk. Here you can do the fermenting process of coconut milk with heat or without heat. According to the researches that have conducted the best type of coconut oil is produced from the fermented wet mill process which is done with heat. It is mentioned that a large number of antioxidants are contained in coconut oil by heating method.
Both these processes are very quick and any kind of bleaching or additives are not required.
2.Refined Organic Coconut Oil
The source of Refined coconut oil is “Copra”. Copra means dried coconut meat. Using that organic coconut oil is extracted. Potential bacteria that can be present in the coconut meat is removed by bleaching the coconut meat. As the drying process of copra creates contaminants, this oil extracted from copra should be treated. To get the real flavor and smell of coconut oil, the extraction process is done under high heat.
To produce trans-fat, oil is partially hydrogenated at several times and to increase its shelf life, Sodium hydroxide is also added.
Refined coconut oil is also known as RBD coconut oil (Refined, Dried, and Bleached coconut oil) in some countries where coconut oil is produced.
There are various types of coconut oil you can buy from the market.
Types of refined coconut oil
- Expeller-Pressed Coconut Oil (also known as RBD) – This type is extracted by refining copra by mechanically and physically
- Pure coconut oil – This is also a type of RBD but any chemical is not added in it
- Liquid Coconut Oil – This type of coconut oil appeared in the market in 2013. If you keep it even in the refrigerator it will stay in the form of liquid. This is because it is a fractioned coconut oil where its lauric acid has removed
- Hydrogenated Coconut Oil – You should never use this type of coconut oil. The reason is the presence of trans-fat in Hydrogenated Coconut Oil. It is very harmful to use trans-fat because it can cause heart attacks or stroke
How organic coconut oil will be useful for your daily needs?
- As A Substitute for Other Ingredients
- If you are using vegetable oil for daily cooking, just stop that. Try Organic coconut oil instead of that. Because it is the best. If you don’t have butter then also you can use this oil. For that, you can let the coconut oil to come to normal temperature. Then you can use it instead of butter
- For Oil Pulling
- Experiments have proved that the use of coconut oil as a best practice to maintain oral health at a good level.
- For Beverages
- Just add 2-3 tablespoons of coconut oil to your morning cup of hot tea or coffee and blend the mixture well to make it creamy. This is the simplest way to consume coconut oil.
- For Cooking
- As refined coconut oil has a high smoking point, it is safe to use refined coconut for cooking under high temperatures. This is the most common way to consume coconut oil.
- By adding little amount of coconut oil into the pan and letting it melt, you can sauté vegetables and other ingredients and season it as you like.
- For Making Smoothies
- Who doesn’t love it! Everyone will love to have it when it is with some healthy coconut oil.
- Melt the coconut oil and slowly add 1-2 tablespoons of it to the smoothie as it is being blended. After that, you can enjoy it.
How Much Organic Coconut Oil You Should Consume daily
Organic Coconut oil can be used for both baking and cooking.
Not only for cooking but also for preparing exotic drinks such as coconut milk and citrus juice, coconut is used. The fragrance of coconut is also a reason for that.
Hoe ever if you are using coconut oil regularly, you should limit that amount to three and a half teaspoons. If you are using more than that it will be very harmful.
Not the Refined Coconut Oil, Only Unrefined Coconut Oil Is Good for Your Health
Refined coconut oil is not toxic. But the healthiest form of coconut oil is unrefined or virgin coconut oil. That is true.
When you are going to buy coconut oil from the supermarket you should select the healthiest type of cooking oil there. Except for the hydrogenated coconut oil, all the other types of coconut oil are good for health. Because all those types of coconut oil contain medium-chain fatty acids that will not breakdown under heat.
You Cannot Use Coconut Oil if You Are Allergic to It
Why you can not consume coconut oil. Is it an Allergy?
The inability to digest proteins is the reason behind most food allergies. But coconut oil doesn’t contain any proteins. Only the coconut meat contains. So, if you have any allergy when using coconut oil, that means you are unable to digest fats well. Then it may cause skin eruptions or diarrhea, which can be reduced or eliminated by decreasing coconut oil intake.
Now you have a clear knowledge about organic coconut oil and its benefits for your health as well as for your skin and hair. So, you should not have any doubt about including this wonder oil in your diet and step into the world of goodness and well-being!